When we reopen for appointments, we will be operating under new operating procedures to conform with current Government advice and instructions.
• We will be operating by appointment only. We will no longer offer any drop-in sessions. There will be larger gaps between appointments to allow for thorough cleaning, for yours and our safety. This means there will be a lot fewer weekly appointments for some time.
• Please arrive on time. We will be unable to let you in should you arrive early as we will be with another bride or undertaking a thorough cleaning process afterwards. Likewise if you arrive late we will have to finish you appointment on time to allow for cleaning before the next appointment.
• On arrival you will be asked to use hand sanitiser.
• Wherever possible we will maintain a 2m distance for all brides and their guest. The Government suggests face coverings when this is not possible so with this in mind we will require you to wear a face covering whilst in the fitting room. Our staff will also wear face covering whenever they need to be close to you.
• We will be allowing a maximum of one guest. We would ask that your guest is in accordance with the government guidelines at the time of your appointment, for example at time of writing this would need to be someone from your household. We are unable to offer any flexibility on guest numbers for the moment.
• We request both bride and guest not to touch gowns. We would kindly ask that you allow our staff to handle all the gowns for you. This is to maximise the cleanliness of dresses that are tried on. We appreciate this is not ideal.
• Dressing rooms and our studio will will be cleaned after each appointment to minimise cross contamination. Tried on gowns will be treated between appointments to sanitise them.
• Your Family need not miss out; you are welcome to use Facetime or online video on our wifi network so other guests can attend virtually. If you need help with this, please let us know in advance.
• At this time, we are unable to offer any refreshments
• Bathroom facilities will also be closed until the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
• Staff will only attend work if they feel well and healthy and are not showing any symptoms, we ask you to do the same.
• Please bring with you a face covering for when we cannot maintain the appropriate social distance (your guest will need one too). You will not be permitted to try on gowns without one.
At the moment we are taking appointments for new brides from August. We may open up earlier than this depending on Government guidelines. Whilst general retail will be opening form June 16th, the close contact we necessarily need to work with brides means our own opening will be a little more cautious and we are waiting on Government advice on this.
PLEASE NOTE: All of the above is subject to possible change dependent on instructions and advice from the Government.
Update: 30th April
We have opened up our online Appointment booking system offering appointments starting from the 1st August, subject to government restrictions. We are currently planning changes on how appointments will work when we do re-open, so as to offer as normal an appointment as will be possible but to continue to protect customers and our staff from the virus. Obviously, the situation we are all in is very fluid, so we will continue to update this page at regular intervals.
We continue following Government restrictions on our operation, and continue to answer emails and messages left on our phone system as stated on the 27th March.
However, with a positive eye to the future, we are opening up our appointment booking system for bookings from Saturday the 1st of August. You can book with the knowledge that if restrictions are extended past the end of July, then you can rearrange your date for further out. If the restrictions situation improves dramatically we could open bookings for earlier dates, but for now, you can only book from August onward.
Update: 27th March
We are now operating all contact by phone and email only. Email preferred.
Our telephone number is available 24/7 to leave us a message, and we will get back to you asap. Alternatively, you can email us, and we will again get back to asap.
Update: 23rd March
Until further notice we are closing our studios for appointments immediately. We are however still available for enquiries via email ( 7 days a week) and telephone ( Wed-Saturday 11am-4pm with voicemail outside these hours ).
This action is to protect you, our customers, and our staff in these unprecedented times.
Customers with appointments in the coming weeks, who we have not already contacted and have any queries should contact us via email or phone, as above.
Update: 17th March
With the well-being of our clients and our staff as our number one priority, we'd like to reassure you that we are going to be operating appointments with the following policies...
~ Our appointments will continue to be solely for a single bride, and would ask that you that you arrive for your appointment on time and not before to avoid coming into contact with the previous appointment.
~ Our studio will be cleaned before and after each appointment.
~ We ask that you limit guests as much as possible, with a maximum of two.
~ If you'd like to discuss ordering a dress or have questions about your dress, we can offer Skype/video calls for those who can't attend.
~ We would ask that anyone displaying any symptoms of cold or cough are asked to reschedule their appointment.
~ Those clients who wish to avoid public transport, but have their own transport to get to us should be aware that there is free on-street parking along the park side of Grinstead Road.
Our bridal appointments allow for exclusive access to the studio for each of our brides. At this difficult time we think this is the safest way for you to shop and find your dream dress. We can't wait to see you!